Preferred Owner Program
PREFERRED OWNER PROGRAM TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The following represents the Terms and Conditions of the Sun Chevrolet Preferred Owner Program.
Sun Chevrolet Preferred Owner Program members receive incentive reward Points on purchases of vehicles, parts, accessories and service. Sun Chevrolet is a full-service maintenance and repair center. As an authorized Chevrolet Dealer, our customers are assured of the availability of Genuine General Motors Parts for all vehicle maintenance and repair needs.
OVERVIEW OF PREFERRED OWNER PROGRAM
Membership is available to all Sun Chevrolet customers over the age of 18 who are not employees of Sun Chevrolet. There is no fee to become a Program Member.
A Program Member signs-up for the Preferred Owner Program when he or she purchases a vehicle from Sun Chevrolet or brings his or her existing vehicle in for service. A Program Member receives a card to be used when making qualifying purchases.
EARNING AND REDEEMING REWARD POINTS
Each Program Member receives 200 Sales Points upon signing up for the Preferred Owner Program. Each Sales Point is equal to one dollar in value toward the future purchase of a vehicle.
Additional Points Can Be Earned In The Following Two Ways:
- Sales Points: Retail vehicle purchases, new or used, earn 200 Sales Points toward a future vehicle purchase.
- Service Points: Each retail service event (parts, labor, and accessories) earns 5% of total dollars spent (before tax) in Service Points toward future retail service, parts, or accessory purchases.
- Earning example: If a Program Member purchases a $100 of service, their total cash paid for the service will be $108 including 8% sales tax. That Member would earn 5 Points (equal to $5) on their card.
- Use example: On their next visit, the same Program Member comes in and purchases $50 of accessories. They decide to use their 5 Points to help pay for the purchase. The amount due for the accessories will be $49 which is calculated as follows ($50, plus 8% tax for a total of $54, less the $5 in Points redeemed). The Program Member will earn another 2.25 Points for that visit (Before tax cost of $50, less $5 of Points equals $45 of services. 5% earnings on $45 equals 2.25 Points earned)
Other Rules on Earning and Redeeming Points:
- Points can only be earned and redeemed on retail purchases.
- To earn Points, a Program Member must have an active account at the time of the qualifying transaction. Program Members cannot earn Points on purchases prior to signing up for the Program.
- The maximum Points that can be earned in any one transaction is 300 Points.
- There is no limit to the amount of cumulative Points you can earn.
- No more than 500 Sales Points can be redeemed in a single transaction.
- No more than 200 Service Points can be redeemed in a single transaction.
- Points cannot be sold, transferred, or redeemed for cash.
- Any product, item, or accessory purchased with Service Points cannot be returned for a cash refund. If a product, item, or accessory is purchased with Service Points and later returned, the Program Member receives a credit for the Service Points used to purchase the product, item, or accessory.
- The Service Points earned on a retail purchase are forfeited if the product, item, or accessory is returned. If such product, item, or accessory was purchased using both cash and Service Points, the Program Member receives back the cash and is credited for the Service Points if the product, item, or accessory is returned.
- Points cannot be redeemed in conjunction with any other specials and/or coupons.
- Points are not earned on wholesale or fleet vehicle purchases
- Points are not earned on extended warranty or insurance purchases.
- Points are not earned on warranty service work or discounted services.
- Points cannot be redeemed on wholesale or fleet vehicle purchases
- Points cannot be redeemed on extended warranty or insurance purchases.
- Points cannot be redeemed on warranty service work or discounted services.
Notwithstanding anything in these Terms and Conditions, all returns are governed by Sun Chevrolet’s return policies.
OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Modification; Cancellation. Sun Chevrolet may modify any of the Terms and Conditions governing the Preferred Owner Program, including, without limitation, how Points are earned, how Points can be redeemed, and the “value” of earned Points, at any time, without notice, even though such changes may affect the Program Member’s ability to redeem Points already earned.
The Preferred Owner Program has no pre-determined termination date and may continue until such time as Sun Chevrolet terminates the Preferred Owner Program. Termination of the Preferred Owner Program may occur at any time with or without notice to a Program Member.
Points Not Property; No Transfer or Assignment. Accrued Points are not the property of a Program Member and have no value outside of the Sun Chevrolet Preferred Owner Program. Points are credits that Sun Chevrolet may revoke at any time. Points may not be exchanged for cash, assigned, bartered or transferred without the express written consent of Sun Chevrolet.
Account Upkeep and Accuracy. Each Program Member is responsible for ensuring that the information in his or her Program Member account is accurate and current.
Governing Law; Breach of Terms and Conditions; Remedies; Venue and Jurisdiction. These Terms and Conditions are governed by and interpreted under the laws of the State of New York. Sun Chevrolet reserves the right to take appropriate legal action, as it deems necessary, and to seek to recover damages, attorney’s fees and costs if a Program Member violates these Terms and Conditions. Legal action related to the Preferred Owner’s Program must take place in the New York Supreme Court (or applicable subdivision thereof) located within Onondaga County, New York. By entering into the Preferred Owner Program, a Program Member expressly consents to jurisdiction and venue in New York Supreme Court in Onondaga County, New York.
Violations of these Terms and Conditions or abuse of the Preferred Owner Program (as determined by Sun Chevrolet’s sole judgment) may result in (1) cancellation of the Program Member’s account, (2) future disqualification from participation in the Preferred Owner’s Program, and/or (3) forfeiture of all accrued Points.
Limitation of Liability. Under no circumstances, including without limitation the ordinary negligence of Sun Chevrolet or General Motors, shall Sun Chevrolet or General Motors, and their respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, agents, successors and assignees, be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages arising out of the Preferred Owner’s Program. By participating in the Preferred Owner Program, a Program Member waives any and all rights to bring any claim or action related to the Preferred Owner Program beyond one year after the first occurrence of the act, event, condition or omission upon which the claim or action is based.
No Warranties. Sun Chevrolet and General Motors, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, agents, successors and assignees, expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Sun Chevrolet makes no warranty that (i) the Preferred Owner’s Program will meet your requirements, (ii) the Preferred Owner’s Program will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, or (iii) the quality of any items, products, services, or other material purchased or obtained by you from your use of Points or participation in the Preferred Owner Program will meet your expectations.
Entire Agreement; Severability. These Terms and Conditions set forth the entire understanding between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof. Participation in the Preferred Owner Program constitutes each Program Member’s full and unconditional agreement to these Terms and Conditions. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, such provision shall be severed from the remainder of these Terms and Conditions, which will otherwise remain in force.