What Do I Do If My Air Conditioning Isn’t Cold?
If your air conditioning is blowing hot air instead of the chilly breeze you deserve, find out what you or your service center can do about it in Syracuse or Fayetteville.
Diagnosis & Action
- Locate the A/C condenser in front of your radiator and clean away any dirt, leaves, and dust that may have built up.
- With the engine running, check the compressor wheel under the hood (usually just inside the grille). If it’s not spinning this could be the issue, and you will need it inspected and repaired.
- Check the compressor belt. If the tension is loose, you will need a new compressor belt.
- Check the coolant system for leaks usinga tester. If there are leaks, then the refrigerant may be low and causing issues with the A/C temperature. This would need to be repaired at a service center.
- Does your A/C start cold but then get warmer? This may be excess moisture in the system causing parts to freeze. Turn the system off for a while to let the parts thaw. If the problem continues, your service center can flush the system with a vacuum pump.
Get Your Air Conditioning Fixed at Sun Chevrolet
Contact us or visit our service department to get your vehicle air conditioning fixed near near Utica, find out what strange car noises mean, or what to do if your check engine light goes on. While you are in the area, be sure to visit the All Things Oz Museum just down the street from Sun Chevrolet!